Through its projects in the field of environment and socio – economic development, AAIE aims to assist the social and economic recovery of Albania evaluating various social-economic policies initiatives with a special focus in the Environment and Population Welfare field. It dedicates its mission to environmental protection and nature in harmony with life through offering a range of technical assistance, information and capacity building services in environmental sustainability.
AAIE experience in working with International and National organizations is quite an extensive with a more than fifteen years of experience analyzing, researching, planning, implementing, and evaluating various social-economic policies initiatives with a special focus in the Environment field. Being a policy advices AAIE contribute in central and local institutional strengthening, existing legal, economic and policy instruments, institutional frameworks, policy coordination and information exchange, promoting as well the involvement of the private environmental policy dialogue and development.
AAIE was founded by a group of experts committed to bringing about positive change after years of protecting environmental degradation and negligence in Albania. AAIE staff is highly motivated and have required experience and education to influence the Albanian society towards enhancing environmental protection and sustainable living. Professional activities and previous contract experiences with different international organization has given to AAIE the opportunity to know the composition of the donor community, be aware of their tendencies and areas of intervention and identifying the best ways to approach them and make them and the government structures work effectively together.
The organization performs its day to day work in Tirana central Office. The office supplies the expert with adequate tools and equipment to respond to day to day needs quality work requirement. The premises do satisfy the permanent staff and the expertise hired in terms of working stations, Also, for any specific event the office administrators have great experience to deal with all necessary logistic required from.
AAIE Team is composed of various specialists whose background offers a range of expertise to support its mission and vision. To note is that most of the members are high qualified staff. Some of the most important backgrounds of our experts are: Environmentalist, Researcher, Local Development, Biologist, Chemistries, Social and Territorial Planning, Demographer, Sociologists, Physician, Social workers, Statistician, Economist and Information and Technology. This organization do offers a very successful cooperation with the line Ministries in Albania in particular with Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Justice and Institute of Public Health. Oriented from professionalism approach and provide the highest quality expertise, AAIE has cooperation agreement with local agencies offering specific expertise. The actual agreements to be count are the one with Statistical Research Center Information and Technology (SRC&IT) and Albanian Institute of Environmental Studies. AAIE aims and seek to inspire, inform, and influence the Albanian society towards increased sustainability and increase environmental awareness among the population.
“StatisticalResearchCenter, Information & Technology” (SRC&IT) is a registered legal entity on Tirana Low Court Civil Code, article 2864, date 27/10/2002.
This scientific center through its projects in the field of human and economic development, aims to assist the social and economic recovery of the country offering a range of technical assistance, information and capacity building services:
- Performance monitoring, planning and support
- Evaluation design, data collection and analysis
- Development of monitoring and evaluation methods, tools, guidelines and manuals
- Health information system assessment and development
- Computer application and decision-support system
- Training in data presentation and use for managers and policy makers
- Short–term training and customized capacity building programs and system strengthening
- Evaluation research
SRC&IT conducts qualitative and quantitative research on a variety of topics. Research work and project’s implementation have allowed this center to serve not only as an expertise but also as a good policy advisor for the different actor players in the field of development mainly for the government which is in the process of designing policies in different fields throughout the transition phase.
Vulnerable groups socially excluded have been our focus as the goal of human development is investing on people by making them active participants in the process of development, meeting their needs and creating possibilities for the realization of their aspiration. The objectives of our center are achieved through various experts who, in a very scientific and professional manner, offer their expertise and contribute in the following project areas:
- sustainable health and social services to marginalized groups; gender issue and empowerment of the individuals remain a consistent cross cutting strategy for all projects to make individuals more active players in their community reforms and systems more responsive to community needs;
- increase of the national and local capacity through trainings (tailored trainings) which consist on the training of local capacity who has to work with vulnerable groups;
- advocacy and policy dialogue is another important role of our organization related to vulnerable groups while working with government structure;
- stimulation of income-generating activities using the demographic momentum for the involvement of the citizens in this economic process, educating and preparing them through tailored programs to be better used to boost the economy and for helping them to have a sustained development;
- encouragement of the debate about the best path for Albanian development in remote areas;
- provision of assistance to disadvantaged groups of population like: children who do not go to the school, beggars, children who work under the legal age of work, street children etc;
By applying high professional standards to all projects and assignments we are entrusted with, the paramount goal of our work is to deliver high quality and cost-effective services in a timely manner in order to achieve sustainable outcomes.